Monday, November 22, 2010

How do i change the front fuel pump in a 94 Ford F150?

I have a 94 Ford F150 with a 5 litre engine 2 wheel drive that is not getting gas. It starts when i spray starting fluid in it. I'm not exactly sure what needs to be removed to get the tank off to change the pump. Does the fuel filter line need to be taken loose first? Can I just take the straps loose and drop the tank without taking anything else apart first? What type of problems should I be aware of before I start this project?How do i change the front fuel pump in a 94 Ford F150?If you have a hoist or just a couple of buddies the easiest is to take the bed off and all the access you need is right there. To take off the filler there should be three screws behind the filler door around the gas cap. This is required. Other than that take off your skid plate (my 94 3/4 ton has one, but my 94 1/2 ton did not) and take loose your straps, and keep an eye one the wiring harness leading up to the pump and sending unit (right hand side). Other than that just lower your tank.How do i change the front fuel pump in a 94 Ford F150?Pull the bed as stated above however remember the rear light wiring harness. This is a whole lot easier than dropping the tank.