Monday, November 22, 2010

How to change fuel pump for a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire.?

I just asked a question on how to locate the fuel pump. I heard people mention that it is a hard task to complete. Could someone please explain the process of changing the fuel pump. The shop I took it to wanted to charge me over $700 for the part and labor. Which I thought was rather high. Thanks for your time.How to change fuel pump for a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire.?The fuel tank has to come off. You have to disconnect the fuel lines and electrical connector. Then loosen the 2 straps that hold the tank in place. This is not easy to do, especially if there is fuel in the tank. Be very careful if you really plan to do this yourself. I've replaced many fuel pumps on Sunfires and I wouldn't want to do this job at home. Once the tank is out, you have to remove the fuel pump module from the tank. The fuel pump module seal has to be installed correctly or it will leak. And also the check engine light will come on if you don't install the seal correctly.How to change fuel pump for a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire.?You have to remove the fuel tank from the car . Sometime that includes dropping the exhaust. Once on the floor you remove the fuel pump module and replace the whole thing .Reinstall the module and then the tank into the car. Install the exhaust and the fuel filter . 700 buck is a good price if you ask me.

good luck hope I helpedHow to change fuel pump for a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire.?the gas tank has to come off,then the fuel pump sending unit is in the tank.Try buying an aftermarket fuel pump,or buying a used pump at a salvage yard that would save you a few $.
  • bird
  • PDA
  •