Monday, November 22, 2010

How hard is it to change a fuel pump in a 2003 monte carlo I just recently did one in my blazer.?

Anything additional I should know before I attempt this. Drop the tank put it in put the tank back up. I am doing this for an older friend and the shop wants 700 to do that and she is on a fixed income. Anything I should be aware of before doing this any help would be greatly appreciatedHow hard is it to change a fuel pump in a 2003 monte carlo I just recently did one in my blazer.?it would be best to buy a repair manual for that car, it will take you step by step. you can get them at most parts stores like autozoneHow hard is it to change a fuel pump in a 2003 monte carlo I just recently did one in my blazer.?I just did this on a mercury villager. It was dream to work on, much unlike my Chevy pickup, which i did some months earlier. The Chevy pickup is much like your blazer. Notes

1. Have most of the gas out.

2. Detach the hoses near the tank (I took the door assy out of my pickup, wrong)

3. Change the fuel filter too

4. The straps that help one of my gm tanks in was rusted, I had to drill and make threads

5. Have it high enough up

6. When you knock the center piece off, make sure you blow it out clean, then use a bass punch to keep from making sparks

7. Empty the tank entirely out. Last tank I found a lot of water in mine.

8. Replace fuel lines if you find frayed ones.



Hope this helps.