Monday, October 24, 2011

HELP!! HOW DO I GET THE GAS OUT OF MY 95 FORD WINDSTAR 3.8?

and no i cannot siphon it becasue there's a screen blocking me from siphoning. i need to change my fuel pump but i have to drop my tank in order to do so. HOWEVER i have at least 14 gallons in the tank and cant drop it with tha much in there.

so how the heck can i get the gas out? we're trying to do this ourselves so we dont have to pay someone, we litterally dont have the extra $$.HELP!! HOW DO I GET THE GAS OUT OF MY 95 FORD WINDSTAR 3.8?they never fail to go out 3/4 of a tank or above.use a floor jack and balance it on it till you get it down low.that is what id do, i wouldnt even mess with emptying.if you dont have a floor jack(i mean a wide base shop type)then borrow or try to rent one.HELP!! HOW DO I GET THE GAS OUT OF MY 95 FORD WINDSTAR 3.8?disconnect the fuel line at the filter get a clean bucket or pan or both or 3-4 buckets to hold 14 gallons ans let it drain out. Then dump it in the buckets then use a funnel to put it back in when your done.HELP!! HOW DO I GET THE GAS OUT OF MY 95 FORD WINDSTAR 3.8?you would remove the gas filler hose then siphon it from the tanks opening. No other way

Technically, a fuel pump becomes defective when owners allow their tanks to fall below 1/4 of their tank.