Monday, October 24, 2011

Just changed the Fuel Pressure Regulator on a 94 4.3 Vortec CPI engine. Now it won't start. I have spark and?

the fuel pump is working. Does the fuel system need to be bled? I don't see how I could have done anything incorrectly.Just changed the Fuel Pressure Regulator on a 94 4.3 Vortec CPI engine. Now it won't start. I have spark and?This fuel system works with fuel pressure at around 35 psi and it will self purg any air. Suspect that there may be a problem in your installation of that pressure regulator. If all is good, first check fuel pressure, should be around that 35 psi that I mentioned. disconnect the pressure regulator and pressure should increase about 10 psi. To be sure that the computer is trying to have the injectors work, disconnect the fuel injector connector and attach a noid light to see if the injector is getting a signal to work, should flash when cranking, no flash, no start. Check all connections to be sure that you did not disconnect anything. Good LuckJust changed the Fuel Pressure Regulator on a 94 4.3 Vortec CPI engine. Now it won't start. I have spark and?what was the matter with the old one???i have worked on chevys all my life and i have replaced only 1 pressure reg because of leak/i am hearing more and more people into fuel pressure/whyJust changed the Fuel Pressure Regulator on a 94 4.3 Vortec CPI engine. Now it won't start. I have spark and?yes bleed the system air will cause a bubbled the system wont work right be Careful not to spray fuel over the engine where a spark can ignite it by accident