Thursday, September 22, 2011

2002 chevy silverado 4.8 fuel problem will not run?

I have a 2002 chevy silverado 1500 4.8L. I changed the fuel pump on it about a month ago. The check engine light came on and got a code for left and right bank lean. Then it started to lose power and misfire when you would step on throttle, then it died. I checked the codes it had left and right bank lean and crank sensor voltage low or high can't remeber witch one. I changed the sensor and the intake gaskets. It still will not start, I took off the fuel line at the fuel filter coming out the tank and turned on the ignition switch and nothing came out.I checked all the fuses and swaped the fuel pump relay and still did not work. How can I check the voltage at the fuel pump there is two plug ins on top,so I can make sure it went bad again.2002 chevy silverado 4.8 fuel problem will not run?First double check the ECM B fuse in the under hood fuse block, make sure it's OK.

the color of the wire that you need to check at the fuel pump is GREY, it's part of the 4 wire connector, make sure the plug doesn't have any burn marks (there is a recall on the fuel pump harness for this concern )check with the dealer to see if it's still open on your vehicle.

When testing for power at the Grey wire, key on, test light will illuminate for 2 seconds then shut-off.(when PCM receives RPM signal from crank sensor the GREY wire will be powered constantly).



From what you're describing, sounds like you have a faulty fuel pump.( low fuel pressure will cause loss of power and will set p0171 %26amp; p0174 lean bk 1 %26amp; bk 2.

Fuel pressure for your engine vin V should be 55-62 PSI



Go with a GM fuel pump (a bit more money, but alot less aggravation in the long run).



good luck.2002 chevy silverado 4.8 fuel problem will not run?OMG I just left my truck on the side of the road with the same problem. I had it hooked up to a computer they told me it was the O2 sensors so I replaced those $380 dollars later it is on the side of the road. Would love to know if you find out what the problem is with your truck maybe we are having the same problem. My truck is also a 2002 Chevy Silverado 4.8 L. Best of luck to you though.2002 chevy silverado 4.8 fuel problem will not run?they had intake plentum gasket problems, if you can keep the truck running spray where the plastic intake plentum meets the aluminum part of the intake with carb cleaner, if it stumbles or stalls you just found your problem.