Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fuel Pump Relay.Please Help So frustrated :@?

Hey how is everyone, I have a Mitsubishi Mirage 1996 model, and I am trying to change the fuel filter but Ive ran into an issue. I can't find the fuel pump relay, I have looked through the entire fuse section in the cars manual with no mention of the fuel pump fuse, I have looked at service manuals with no luck.

And today I decided to try and unplug my fuel pump, I lifted the rear seat up, opened a little hatch and pulled the cord, when I started the car all that happend was the fuel gauge went to Empty, but the car kept running and did so until i turned it off 7 minutes later... ? Im guessing it wasnt the fuel pump wire?Fuel Pump Relay.Please Help So frustrated :@?agree with karl. Your car is not a diesel so it the fuel pressure isn't that high. Also, I'm not sure on your car, but if you have a repair manual you can release pressure via the schrader valve on the fuel rail if it is equiped with one. IE fuel Pressure Test Port.Fuel Pump Relay.Please Help So frustrated :@?The fuel pump relay is usually under the hood in the master fuse box. This is a black box most often mounted on one of the inner fenders. It will says Fuse on the lid and under the lid is a diagram of the fuse layout.Fuel Pump Relay.Please Help So frustrated :@?just disconnect the battery....change ur filter ...reconnect battery and ur done.......



** btw u unplugged the fuel gauge..



no matter what u do ur going to have some fuel spill out when u disconnect the lines to fuel filter.......and yes i realize most manuals say to depressurize fuel system b4 u disconnect lines.....but in real life practice no one ever does cause if can cause other problems.....like sucking trash into injectors...etc..

EDIT: forgot to add just wear safety glasses and catch pan/bucket and rag...