Thursday, September 22, 2011

I HAVE A 95' BUICK LESABRE , 3800 MOTOR , HOW CAN YOU TEST THE FUEL PUMP ?

I have no pressure at the fuel rail,has gas to it , I changed the fuel pressure gage,and still the same, it starts and dies right away,any suggestions ?I HAVE A 95' BUICK LESABRE , 3800 MOTOR , HOW CAN YOU TEST THE FUEL PUMP ?remove fuel line somewhere an crank over motor if it squirts it worksI HAVE A 95' BUICK LESABRE , 3800 MOTOR , HOW CAN YOU TEST THE FUEL PUMP ?Could be a bad pump, relay, or possibly a fuel pressure regulator. It could also be a blown fuse or a fuel cutoff switch (incase you get in a car accident, it shuts off the pump). I would first check to make sure the pump is getting juice. If its not getting juice, then I would look for a fuel pump cutoff switch, fuse, and test your fuel pump's relay. Make sure your pump is getting juice before looking at the pump itself. If it's getting juice, but not giving out pressure, then it could (although I'm going to say unlikely) be a plugged fuel filter, kinked/pinched fuel line, or the fuel pressure regulator. If you turn the ignition to Run from Off (not trying to start it though), you should hear the pump spin up. If nothing at all, then I would replace the pump.
  • email
  • DSL Internet / Router problem
  •