Thursday, September 22, 2011

My car dies after it warms up, is it the crankposition sensor or something else?

I have a 1996 Nissan 200sx, 1.6. The car seems to run fine but when the RPM's drop that's when it randomly dies. It doesn't always do it but it does it. When it dies, sometimes it will crank up after a few but other times it will cranks but not start. I've changed fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, and rotor. The CPS should read 5 v but I get less than 1v. Should I replace it and see if it works or where could the voltage problem be and how do I fix it. Oh, when the car does start it still doesn't read 5 v.My car dies after it warms up, is it the crankposition sensor or something else?the cps gets a 5v power supply from the computer. You should have three wires coming off the senser, one power supply, one signal and one ground.



I would suspect your distributor is the problem though.



I might also save you a little bit of money to have it professionally diagnosed.My car dies after it warms up, is it the crankposition sensor or something else?sounds like a bad coil