Monday, September 19, 2011

Honda civic fuel problem? DONT TURN ON?

My 92 honda civic hb dont want to turn on,

When the car die, it was on still but then went off, I turned it on again then press the gas and the car shut down, if i didnt press the gas it would stay on for a little longer but now dont turn on. I change fuel pump fuel filter and I check if i was getting fuel to engine and it is, I check the injectors, I took them out and made them spray outside to see and I only saw a little bit but idk how much it really need to spray. the car sometimes almost turns on but no luck. some1 said the timing jumped and some1 else said no bc the sound of the engine trying to turn on dont skip. the injectors are black on the tip from grease i guess idk if is not good. any idea what I can check?

THX IN ADVANCE



PLS DONT TELL ME TAKE IT TO A MACHANIC, IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOD OPINION DONT REPLY AND NO INSULTS PLS OR YOU WILL GET REPORTED.Honda civic fuel problem? DONT TURN ON?Check your fuel pressure, it sounds like a bad fuel pump to me.

Replacing the fuel filter helps but check the fuel pressure!

After all the car is 17 plus yrs old and don't know if the fuel pump has ever been replaced!Honda civic fuel problem? DONT TURN ON?check the injector pulse with an injector light tester. plug it into the injector harness and crank the engine. the light should flash the whole time the engine is cranking. maybe autozone sells these testers.Honda civic fuel problem? DONT TURN ON?It sound slike you don't have a fuel problem. Try looking for a spark. (Incidentally, spraying the injectors outside the engine is dangerous unless you disable the spark first--and I do dangerous things!) Black on the injectors is normal. Take out a plug and look at it.

I think this is an interference engine, so if the tming belt broke you would know about it. If it just skipped that's a possibility but see if you have a spark.Honda civic fuel problem? DONT TURN ON?Honda injectors do get covered with a covered with a oily glop. I don't know where it comes from (I assume from the PCV system) but it doesn't really seem to hurt anything.



Your description sounds like fuel starvation rather than spark. Just playing the odds, check out the main relay, which is basically a fuel pump relay. The first source has the scoop. The main relay is probably the most notorious part in '90s Hondas.Honda civic fuel problem? DONT TURN ON?Check battery, spark plug, ignition coil and cdi