Thursday, September 22, 2011

I am having a problem with my 96 240sx.. SR20DET Rebuilt.. FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM?

I have Nismo 740cc Injectors.. Well everything to have the car be fully rebuilt. I changed to fuel pump to the Walbro 255 pump. I am not sure if I need a FPR now. I am getting way too much fuel. The injectors are drenched with gas whenever I take them out. The car will not idle at all with the 740cc injectors.. The spark plugs are black whenever I take them out. That is how much gas I am getting.. Please help me fix this fuel problem. I am getting a horrrrible amount of fuel. Wayy to much. Thanks so muchhh!I am having a problem with my 96 240sx.. SR20DET Rebuilt.. FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM?You must match the injectors and the ECU, so the ECU will be able to deliver the correct amount of fuel, an AFPR will help, by lowering the pressure (and volume). this may be all you need to do. Make sure the MAF is working and no un metered air leaks exist between the MAF and the engine, anywhere there is a vacuum line or seal. Also ensure good ignition components (spark plugs, wires, coil, etc.) weak spark will manifest itself as poor combustion, but I think you are just dealing with too much fuel for the stock computer to deal with. Typically the ECU has about a +/- 25% range off base line to adapt and change, any more that and you run into issues.I am having a problem with my 96 240sx.. SR20DET Rebuilt.. FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM?get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and turn the pressure down untill it runs correctly the problem is is that everyone thinks oh I can get bigger injectors and a higher pressure fuel pump and get 500 horse power, well you have to do ALOT more than that because you can only burn so much fuel without doing alot more modifications before you are just flooding the engine out